Bayern Munich coach receives 450 death threats

Bayern Munich coach

 Bayern Munich coach Julian Nagelsmann announced that he had received death threats on social media, after the sudden exclusion of the Bavarian team from the Champions League by Villarreal.


Nagelsmann was the subject of wholesale criticism, after losing 1-2 against Villarreal in the total of the two legs of the quarter-finals of the Champions League, so that the Spanish team reached the semi-finals and left Bavaria.


But the criticism soon turned into something much more serious, as the young coach confirmed.


"I know I have to take criticism from everyone," he said. "It's normal and it's part of my job. The blame I get from (Karl Heinz) Rummenigge, for example, is something I can accept."


However, Nagelsmann continued, "But I can't live with 450 death threats" since Tuesday evening, when Bayern drew 1-1 with Villarreal, after losing the first leg 0-1.


The 34-year-old (who is younger than goalkeeper Manuel Neuer) added: "I receive death threats after every game, regardless of the outcome, whether we win or lose. I read the first line (of messages) and delete it. Sometimes the threat includes my mother. Threats increase when I play. With 3 defenders.


He added, in statements reported by the Spanish sports newspaper, Marca, "When you are eliminated from two out of the 3 championships (the German Cup and the European Champions League), it is normal for the coach to be criticized. I accept it and continue my work."


"We have players who have played together for a long time. It's good in the sense that they know each other, but when you've been successful for a long time there comes a time when you need to inject new blood," Nagelsmann added.

No comments

Powered by Blogger.