Simeone sends a "mysterious message" to Guardiola.

Simeone

 Atletico Madrid coach Diego Simeone sent a "mysterious message" to Pep Guardiola, coach of Manchester City, after his farewell to the Champions League.


Manchester City qualified for the semi-finals after beating Atletico Madrid 1-0 in the aggregate of the two-legged quarter-final matches.


In the post-match press conference, Simeone said about Guardiola: "People are always smart and can praise you with contempt, but people who have low language skills are not stupid."


He continued, "The fans provided tremendous support throughout the match, and despite the fall, they continued to cheer."


He added, "I have troubled feelings about the match, I always want to win in any way and today we tried on goal on more than one occasion."


Commenting on Felipe's expulsion, he said: "He was so far away that I don't know what happened, the referee told me he ran over Phil Foden, but I didn't see anything."


When asked about the post-match riots in the dressing rooms, Simeone replied: "I didn't see it, I stayed with my players, receiving the support of the fans and when I went up the stairs there was no one there."


Simeone concluded his remarks by answering his advice to Real Madrid in the semi-finals: "Me? Give them some advice in the Champions League? That would be disrespect."


Manchester City meet Real Madrid in the semi-finals, after the latter qualified at the expense of Chelsea, on Tuesday.

No comments

Powered by Blogger.